Hi, my name is Timandra and I read. A lot. And I’m always on the lookout for new stories to consume. I have a passion for epic fantasy tales, so I’m writing one because I couldn’t find the kind of hard-boiled, european flavored, action heavy, strong female, character driven book I wanted to read.
I have a unique taste.
But then again, if I’m one in a million (and you are, too) then currently there are about 7000 people just like me out there somewhere waiting for that kind of book. That’d be quite an audience, right?
During the meanwhile, I read and review whatever it is I’m consuming, always trying to figure out what exactly worked for me and what didn’t. And where I can get more of the stuff I want. Yeah, mostly that. Interested in reviews? Look here.
So, I also write. Because I’m a busy, day jobbing mother to two small kids and wife to a full-time working husband, it’s a teensy tiny bit hard to carve out the time to write late at night when I should be sleeping. But I believe that I have to write. Not despite the circumstances, but because of them. This is the one thing I need to refuel, recharge, and realize who I am. On this here blog, you can join in on the craziness of my writing journey and watch as I hit the publish button.
I’m an ISTJ, an efficient robot type of person and scoff at the concept of work-life-balance. You too? Great! Together we can join forces and summon Earth’s greatest champion Captain Planet!
No- wait – my geek button was still on. Sorry.
Together we can join forces and … be incredibly efficient? I’m not sure. Need more data to find shared goal.
Oh, you wanted a lifestory to get to know me? Here’s a list. It’s shorter and more streamlined. You’re welcome.
11 Random things about me:
- Best ISTJ of all times? Batman.
- I was born in Germany, but on British ground. (Interesting 1980’s legal technicalities.)
- I hate pizza. It is known.
- My favorite reading genres are Fantasy and Cook Books.
- In my class, I was the geek. (We were over twenty girls and only six boys. No one ever dated.)
- I used to play Everquest II online, but then … (wait for it!) I took an arrow to the knee.
- I sometimes use the TV as a babysitter AND promise my kids dessert if they eat their dinner.
- My goal in life is to leave behind as little as possible that my children have to throw away.
- I mostly eat a paleo diet. Except when I’m on the stuff-your-face-with-chocolate-diet. Then I don’t do paleo.
- I studied Literature at University. Finally I got to read as much as I wanted. And more. It was great.
- Now I’m a teacher for English as a Foreign Language. Basic principle? Message before accuracy!